Greetings!

Meet Mama Tokus - an entertaining and edifying, funky and funny singer, hostess and poetess who writes and sings nu soul, blues and R&B tunes (old, proper Ray Charles-style R&B, that is), nu-music-hall ditties and humorous (but always groovy) tunes – memorable originals and interpretations.

What the people say:

“Like Dr John in a three-way with Shirley Bassey and Eartha Kitt”



Share me

Mama's off to the Burning Man

I realise I've been less prolific on this blog than a mouthy bird like me should be, but I've been concentrating my fire on performing at festivals and preparing for one too: in less than a fortnight, I'm off to the Burning Man in Nevada's Black Rock Desert.

I'll be freely expressing with me artist pal Amanda Bluglass - performing with my Public Dress System - then it's off to Lake Tahoe for some R'n'R.

After that, we head south (via San Francisco) to the birthplace of jazz'n'blues: New Orleans.



We might hit Austin, Texas on this grand road trip, then it's back to the Big Easy (staying here in the Little Eazy, actually) for a big birthday date. With a hot tub and cigar.

Amen! Back in October.


 
Mama Tokus

Mama Tokus

Mama Tokus

Mama Tokus

Mama Tokus

Mama Tokus

Crooning Mama

Mama Tokus